Saturday, September 14, 2019

Good Luck Baby Afghan

I have completed the baby afghan I have been working on, using a stitch pattern I found in an old needlework book that was on my shelf. I wanted something that was a simple repeat, had texture, and one that did not require working an edging once it was done. I love this stitch. I will be using it in the future, I can see new projects dancing in my head as I write this. The Pattern stitch is called The Urchin Stitch. Enjoy!

Good Luck Baby Afghan


Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn, approximately 24 ounces. I used Lion Brand Pound of Love, “Cherry,” 2 skeins. I have a lot leftover!
Size I (5.5 mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle and scissors for finishing off ends

Gauge: 6 pattern repeats equals 4” (ch 19 for gauge swatch)

Baby afghan, finished size 36” by 36”

Ch 119.

Pattern Stitch: 
Row 1: *Sk 1 stitch, in next st 1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc. Rept from * to end of row. Ch 1, turn.
Row 2: *In ch-2 space, work 1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc. Rept from * across. Ch 1, turn. Work Row 2 until afghan is square, finish off and weave in ends.

I did do this same stitch pattern using sport weight yarn. I used 2 skeins of Bernat Baby Sport (9.8 ounces each,) and a size G hook. My starting ch was 140, finished size was 34” by 34”.





No comments:

Post a Comment