Monday, January 19, 2015

It is difficult to believe that I am in the last two weeks of my degree program at SNHU. I have the day off from work and am spending the day organizing and gearing up for the final sprint to the finish. I am looking forward to finishing, and yet I know there is a part of me that is going to miss my classes very much. I will no longer be tied to such a strict schedule yet I need to have the discipline to continue writing on a daily basis so I can get my novel completed and begin submitting it to agents. 

This week's discussion prompt led to to ponder about my revision process. Not editing, but revision. I pulled one of the books from my reading list for this term, and found a wonderful quote. 

"Submitting a novel without rewriting is like playing ice hockey naked. You’re just not equipped to put your best, um, face on things. And sooner rather than later a well-placed puck is going to hit you where it hurts most” (192).


Bell, James Scott. Revision and Self-Editing: Techniques for transforming your first draft into a
            finished novel. Cincinnatti: Writer’s Digest Books, 2008. Print.
 

1 comment:

  1. Neverquest: Titanium Edition - Home
    This is the most accurate and original everquest mens titanium wedding rings and is the best everquest titanium jewelry edition titanium jewelry of the original classic titanium pans gaming titanium piercing jewelry game in the world.

    ReplyDelete